Lexington Logo Black with White Outline

Registration Information

Parents enrolling their children at Lexington Public Schools for the first time must present the following documentation:


  • The student’s CERTIFIED birth certificate
  • The student’s immunization records
  • The address of the last school attended, if applicable
  • Transfer records from a previous school (such as the most recent report cards and/or transcripts) help with placement of the student at the appropriate grade level.  A transcript is especially necessary for students entering Lexington High School.


All children younger than 19 years of age that wish to enroll for school must be registered by one of the parents, guardians, or by the person in actual charge or control of the child.


Please bring the completed forms along with certified birth certificate, immunization records, and/or transfer records to the Lexington Public Schools Administration Building located at 300 S Washington, Lexington, NE  68850.

Registration Forms

english forms

spanish forms

Kindergarten and Preschool Registration Information

Prospective kindergarteners entering Lexington Public Schools must be 5 years old on or before July 31st of the current school year.  Otherwise, they may register for preschool at our Early Learning Academy if they are at least 4 years of age by July 31st of the current school year and if there is availability.  Additionally a physical exam, eye exam and possibly additional vaccines are needed to enter kindergarten.

Kindergarten Steps Information

Immunization/Vaccination Requirements

All students entering school, at any level, are also required to meet the state’s immunization requirements.  The requirements vary with age group and transfer origin, but generally include:  3-4 doses of DtaP, DTP or DT, 3 doses of Polio, 1-2 doses of MMR, 3 doses of Hepatitis B, 1-2 doses of Varicella (if student has not had chickenpox), and 1-3 doses of Hib for preschoolers.  Please review your child’s record and make sure they have the current immunizations needed for enrollment.  (See the vaccine requirements below).

In Nebraska, children can’t attend classes in public or private school until the school has written proof of their immunization status (Neb. Rev. Stat.  §§ 79-217 through 79-253).


To attend school, children in Nebraska are required to be immunized against the following diseases:


• Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis
• Polio
• Measles, mumps, and rubella
• Hepatitis B
• Varicella (chicken pox)


Each school in Nebraska is required to keep the immunization history of the students enrolled on file. In addition, schools are required to report information on student’s immunization status annually to the Nebraska Immunization Program.  School reporting is conducted on-line via survey, and the deadline is November 15 of each year.

Violation of these requirements is a Class V misdemeanor.  Schools must report on students entering school for the first time (kindergarten or 1st grade); 7th graders; and all out-of-state transfer students (including foreign exchange students).

For complete information, please refer to Title 173 of the Nebraska Administrative Code, Chapter 3: Rules and Regulations Relating to School Health, Communicable Disease Control, and Physical Examination and Immunization Standards. Title 173 is available on the Internet.


While there are exemptions to the immunization requirements, parents need to be aware that unvaccinated children are not the only ones at risk for contracting disease. When parents choose not to immunize, their decision affects every other child in the school as well as their own child. Many immunizations require multiple doses before a child builds up full immunity, and some children are not able to be vaccinated.  These vulnerable children depend upon “herd immunity” for protection.


What if You Don’t Immunize Your Child?

Exemptions to the vaccination requirement include:

  •  A statement signed by a physician that the required immunization would be injurious to the student or members of the student’s family or household.
  •  An affidavit signed by a legally authorized representative stating that the immunization conflicts with the tenets and practices of a recognized religious denomination of which the student is a member.

Students with exemptions on file may need to be excluded from school if there is an outbreak of a vaccine-preventable disease.

Records for Children vaccinated in Nebraska can be found at NESIIS. Link provided on left.

For More Information On Registration

Hardy Moreno


Barre Hassan