Rules for Riding the Bus
Lexington Public Schools strives to provide safe, quality transportation. In order to keep our focus on safety, we do not want student behavior to distract our drivers. Please review the following bus riding guidelines with your students. Thank you for your cooperation.
1. Be on time
2. You must bring your bus pass every day
3. Always follow the drivers instructions
4. Stay in your seat at all times
5. Always use a quiet voice when talking is allowed
6. Keep your hands, feet, and belongings to yourself
7. No eating, drinking, or gum chewing on the bus
8. Always be A Safe Rider
9. Transportation changes must be requested prior to one business day before.
10. If your child will not be riding the bus, you must contact Keri at 308-324-1203
Bus drivers are instructed to issue one reminder to a student and if the student fails to respond appropriately or repeats the behavior, drivers are to report the matter to the school official who will then either establish consequences and/or contact the parents/guardians.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to safely transport all students.