Rules for Riding the Bus
Section 15 Bus Rider Rules
The following rules and regulations will apply to all bus trips: Pupils will show respect to adults appointed by the school.
Prior to Loading:
1. Be on time at the designated school bus stop-the driver will wait no more than two minutes past the scheduled pick up time.
2. Stay on the sidewalk at least six (6) feet back from the curb at all times while waiting for the bus. Bus riders must conduct themselves in a safe manner while waiting.
3. Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to enter the bus.
While on the Bus:
1. If the bus is equipped with seat belts, wear seat belts properly at all times.
2. Keep hands and head inside the bus at all times.
3. Assist in keeping the bus safe and sanitary at all times.
4. Avoid loud talking and laughing, playing radios, or causing unnecessary confusion. The driver's attention may be diverted, resulting in a serious accident.
5. Bus riders should never tamper with the bus or any of its equipment.
6. Leave no books, lunches or other articles on the bus.
7. Keep books, packages, coats, and all other objects out of the aisles.
8. Help look after the safety and comfort of small children when they ride the bus.
9. Do not throw anything out of the bus windows.
10. Bus riders are not permitted to leave their seats while the bus is in motion. Riders are to remain seated facing forward without kneeling or sitting on your legs. State law prohibits standing while the bus is in motion.
11. Bus riders are expected to be courteous to fellow pupils, the bus driver, and the patrol officers.
12. Absolute quiet will be demanded when approaching and crossing a railroad-crossing stop.
13. In case of a road emergency, students are to remain in the bus.
14. Remain seated until the bus stops and the driver signals it is safe to unload.
15. apacity of the bus cannot be exceeded.
16. Place all trash in container provided in bus.
17. Follow all other good behavior rules as if you were in the school cafeteria.
18. Use appropriate and respectful language at all times without bullying, teasing or bothering others.
19. Respect the personal space of others without touching, poking or bothering others.
20. Do not handle the personal items of others without first asking and receiving their permission.
21. No open food or drink containers on the bus without permission of driver.
After Leaving the Bus:
1. Be alert to the danger signal from the bus driver.
2. The bus driver will not discharge students at places other than the regular bus stop, unless by proper authorization from school officials.
Bus drivers are instructed to issue one reminder to a student and if the student fails to respond appropriately or repeats the behavior, to report the matter to the school principal who will then either establish consequences and/or contact the parents/guardians.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to safely transport all students.